It's important to me that you can access the support you need. I’m happy to work with you to provide a letter for your insurance company if you are applying for reimbursement. (Reimbursements are done on a case-by-case basis by some carriers.) If you are in need of sliding scale pricing or want to suggest a trade, let's talk about it! Please write to me at email@example.com.
Birth Doula Package
$1600 Flat Fee
"The birth of our son was everything we had hoped for, and Rachel was one of the biggest reasons why."
My goal is to assist you in experiencing a safe and positive birth, whether in your home, a birth center, or a hospital. I offer non-judgemental support for all types of families and births, accompanying you through this miraculous transition.
- My birth doula services include two prenatal visits, labor support beginning whenever you feel you need it, and one postpartum visit after baby is home with you, to help you process the birth and establish successful breastfeeding, if that is your hope.
- I’m available to you for unlimited phone and email support and I will be on call for you 24 hours a day starting at your 37th gestational week.
- I’m happy to accompany you to a prenatal visit with your doctor or midwife or attend a tour of the hospital with you.
- During our prenatal visits, we will get to know each other, discuss your birth desires, expectations, preferences and feelings. I will prepare you and your partner with questions for your care providers, help as you devise your birth plan, cover comfort techniques and more.
- My initial in-person consult is free of charge and enables us to learn more about each other and determine if we will be a good doula-client fit.
Postpartum Doula Services
"Working with Rachel postpartum was one of the best decisions I made around my pregnancy and my son's birth."
The first weeks with your new baby at home are exciting, but can also feel overwhelming and exhausting. Women’s needs vary so much depending on the individual, but there are a few universal postpartum needs: emotional and physical support, rest, and healthy, nourishing food.
- As your postpartum doula, I will provide support and companionship in your home during the “fourth trimester" to allow you to recover gently from childbirth and foster your own maximum self determination with your new baby.
- Help you become confident and at ease caring for and soothing your newborn baby.
- I will assist with newborn care as well as sibling adjustment.
- Offer evidence-based information on newborn feeding, emotional and physical recovery from childbirth and other issues related to the postpartum period.
- Cook nourishing, healthy meals for you and help you identify simple recipes to feed your whole family on your own.
- Help you create a safe co-sleeping arrangement.
- Help with light housework and laundry.
- Help you determine if you need medical advice or guidance from another expert and then make referrals, if necessary.